Massachusetts Boston Mission

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Work of Salvation

Living in Cambridge is an adventure. 
Today is Sister Caceres' last PDay, and she asked if we could spend the day in Boston as normal missionaries. After 6 weeks of being a "fishionary," it will be good to get back to the good old grind. We are writing from The Boston Public Library, which is a gorgeous building. It's been a really wonderful week and I've learned something incredibly important. We went exchanges with three sets of sisters this week and I got to spend a day with two of my old companions! On Wednesday, I was with Sister Heileson, my trainer, and then on Thursday I spent the day with Sister Riggs, my MTC companion. It was so fun to go to their areas and see all the work they're doing there. 

I always found out that I am staying one more transfer in The Fishbowl! I am so excited! I am going to have TWO companions! I'll be in my first trio and I can't wait. I'll be with Sister Westover and Sister Thompson. I have heard the most amazing things about the both of them and I'm excited to work with them. 

The Fishbowl is also being re-stationed to Weston, Massachusetts, which is where the Packard's live. We will get to see them a lot more, which will be so fun. I love that family very much! In my district will be the AP's, the PVC sisters, the moving elders, and The Fishbowl missionaries. None of us are regular missionaries, so it'll be a hilarious district meeting every week! 

Yesterday we had Stake Conference in Cambridge and President and Sister Packard came to speak to the entire stake. I was so happy to hear from them and President taught me something that changed my life. I'll never forget it. It's completely changed my perspective on things and I know this piece of knowledge that I gained this week will map the course of the rest of my life. Let me explain...

Basically I learned that MISSIONARY WORK IS EVERYTHING.
We are not true Christians if we do not do missionary work!
Think about it, when Jesus Christ came to the Earth, when He created the earth, when He did everything He has ever done... What was the purpose of it all? It was TO BRING TO PASS THE ETERNAL LIFE of ALL of us! So, if we truly want to follow the example of Jesus Christ, we will model our lives after His. We will look for ways throughout each day in which we can invite people to learn more about the church. Our purpose is to INVITE OTHERS TO COME TO CHRIST, and in turn, receive salvation. Missionary work really is everything. 

I am so glad to be a missionary. I challenged everyone to look for ways to become a missionary in your everyday life! I know when we invite others to come to Christ, we go with them. 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Always, 
Hermana Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment