Massachusetts Boston Mission

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Hector

This week was a week of miracles in Boston. 
We found 5 new investigators, taught 23 lessons, and best of all...

Hector Castillo was baptized. 

So, last Sunday we met with him and he wasn't sure he had a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon... We worked with him everyday this week to help him resolve that concern. We tried everything we could think of! President Miller met with him on Tuesday night and bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon. It was such a powerful meeting and Hector ended up asking President Miller if he would baptize him. He still wasn't sure about The Book of Mormon, however. Our next appointment with him was on Friday, and we knew it had to be something special. This man needed a SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.

We had the thought of taking him to the temple. So, on Friday night, we borrowed headed to Belmont and sat outside the temple and had the most spiritual lesson of my mission! 

We called his parents from Guatemala (who are both recent converts to the church! Rene is his father.). And we talked about how testimony is similar to a puzzle (we even used a real puzzle to demonstrate). Sometimes we have pieces of our testimony, but we haven't connected them to see the big picture. 

His sweet parents bore their testimony to him over the phone, then his brother Carlos testified of Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon. We sang, "Grand Eres Tu" and bore our testimonies to him. I asked him how he felt and he said, "joyful." We explained that was the Spirit, touching his heart and showing him the way.

That same night, we drove back into Boston where our zone leader interviewed Hector for baptism. He came out and congratulated us, because Hector was ready. 

The next day, Hector was baptized by President Miller. He even said the baptismal prayer in Spanish for Hector. This experience has forever changed me. 

The Castillo's are my mission! :) 
I'm gonna be there when they are all sealed as a family. 

I cannot boast of myself, for I know that God is the reason these things occurred this week. He is a God of MIRACLES and He blessed me beyond my understanding to be able to teach this family. 

I love this work! 
I love you all!
Thank you so much for your love and support. 
Love, 
Hermana Webber

Hector's Baptism!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment