Massachusetts Boston Mission

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hermana Webber's 4th week in Mexico!

This week was absolutely wonderful! My time in the CCM is flying by faster than I would have ever imagined. We are now the oldest district in our zone! I can't believe it. I am going to miss the district who left this week so much!!! I think it is insane how close you can get to people so quickly, then it's just another goodbye. It's so bittersweet. Each Sunday here in the CCM (I'm not sure if it is any different in the Provo MTC) we get to watch a movie and right after the movie they play a little video of pictures of all the districts who are leaving. After the videos we all sing "Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos" or "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again." I seriously get emotional each time! My capacity to love others has grown so much in this fast month. Missions really do change people! 

Last Wednesday I went an entire speaking only Spanish. It was really hard, and I had to concentrate a lot, but I was able to do it with the help of Heavenly Father! God sends us so many blessings here. 

My companion was sick this week, but she is such a tough cookie, she still worked so hard. The first day she was sick, the doctor told her to go home and rest for a few hours and while she rested I studied Spanish for three straight hours! It just doesn't really get old to me, the Spanish language. 

On Saturday night, my roommates and I all told each other all about our families. I loved being able to talk about mine, because I really do believe I have been blessed with the most special souls as my eternal family. That night when I was trying to fall asleep, I was filled with SO much love for all the people in my life. I thought of each member in my family, all my wonderful, sassy, beautiful friends, and I thought to myself, "My soul, that bit of me that has existed for time and all eternity, whatever it is made of, it is the same as my family." 

Wow, can you say cheesy?! But it is so true! That is the greatest gift God has given us (and he has given us MANY), to have the opportunity to forever remain with our families after our lives on Earth. Are't we all so blessed? In that moment, as I drifted off to sleep, I think I felt the pure love of Christ, and that love, is more powerful than anything on this Earth. 

We watched a talk given by David A. Bednar about the character of Jesus Christ. This talk really hit me because he kept talking about the many times Jesus Christ turned outward when the natural man would have turned inward. For example, after suffering in The Garden of Gethsemane, after sweating drops of blood from each pore, he went (knowingly) to be taken away to be crucified. And when there was a little scuffle between the guardsmen who came for Jesus and Paul, the apostle, Paul cut off one of their ears. Jesus, right after having suffered such agony, turned outward when the natural man would have turned inward. He healed the guard's ear. Now, this is just one example. There are many more, but I think it is important to develop the character of Christ each day. Even if it is something simple. We should try to put others before ourselves. When we become angry, tired, upset, or feel misunderstood, let us remember the example of our friend, our Redeemer, our BROTHER, Jesus. Let us turn outward. Let us share his love with this world, which is in desperate need of such a beautiful, pure, love. 

You are in my prayers, everyone. PARA SIEMPRE DIOS ESTE CON VOS.

Always, 
Hermana Webber

                                                                The Mexican Angel Moroni



                                                Hannah's wonderful, lovely, funny, AMAZING zone!



 The beautiful women of Hermana Webber's zone. Hermana Riggs, Hermana Lewis, Hermana Priestly, Hermana Badger, Hermana Carpenter, Hermana Oliver, and Hermana Santiago.



Hannah's favorite threesome companionship in the world! Elder Babcock, and Elder Orr and Elder Peay who left for Nashville TN last week. They told Hannah they would say Hi to Abe for her!!


Hermana Webber's roommates teaching each other.


Hermana Webber and Hermana Riggs with their friend, Pedro.


Beautiful Hannah with Pedro!


A beautiful city in Mexico.


 Hermana Webber did splits last monday and this was her companion for the day! Her name was also Hannah and Hermana Webber loved her!


                                                        There are a lot of parrots in Mexico!


#selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment