Massachusetts Boston Mission

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Happy 4th of July!!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!! 

It was a very eventful week. 

Just for everyone's information, I am now serving in Boston! :) I am in a Spanish Branch and we work here in the city. I love it here. I love contacting people on the subway. I love the busy streets. I love the diversity. Boston is my favorite place to be! 

So, this week we set TWO baptismal dates!!! One with Camila Perdomo for July 26th. She came here to learn English and she is SOLID. Super smart, BEAUTIFUL, and looooooves hearing about the gospel. I am super excited for her. Then, on Saturday, we were doing some digital mission work and we found Samuel, from Ghana, and taught the Restoration... We invited him to be baptized on July 26th and he said YES! So, we hooked him up with the missionaries in Ghana.

MIRACLES HAVE NOT CEASED! 

On Friday, we had a welcome conference for our new mission president. I got sing for him! His name is Todd Miller and he's from California. His wife and daughter, Bella, are absolutely wonderful. I love them SO MUCH already! It's really different from what I'm used to with the Packard's, but I know it's what God has planned for the MBM right now. I just need to accept it and embrace it. :) 

My companion's name is Sister Bybee. She's from New Mexico. She is PHENOMENAL. We are working super hard together. She is absolutely brilliant and I've learned a lot about consecration from her already. We work with two elders in the branch, Elder Paiva (Brazil) and Elder Brodowski (California). They are SO much fun! With the four of us, we get a lot more work in. I know this is how God wants His work to be done. I think it's really cool that we are all learning how to build God's kingdom together. I ADORE my companions and love our elders! 

On the 4th of July, President Miller extended our curfew so that we could take part in the festivities here in Boston. We all drove to the Cambridge Stake Center and stood on the roof of it to watch some fireworks. The fireworks didn't really start until after curfew, so we missed most of it, but it was great to be with the missionaries. I love our mission. 

Something I learned this week is to trust in God's timing. 
I think getting a new mission president is going to even further teach me how to trust my Heavenly Father and his timetable. It's really humbling.

I love you all! Talk to you soon! 

Love,
Hermana Webber  

No comments:

Post a Comment