Massachusetts Boston Mission

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Idayls Baptism

Hello, beautiful people!

This week was superb. Wanna know why?

IDALYS GOT BAPTIZED!!! 

We've been working really closely with her for the past couple of months, and yesterday she was baptized. It's been so cool to see her progress. She is one of my favorite people in the world and I'm so proud of her!

The baptism was so great. Wanna know why?

EDWARD BAPTIZED HER! 

Yes, our good friend Edward. A recent convert of a month and half. He is now a worthy, steadfast priesthood holder. He is a great leader here in our branch in Boston. 

It was total bliss to see the lives of two people I've come to love so dearly be blessed by the Gospel. The Gospel is so true! The best moment of yesterday was right after Idalys came up out of the water, Edward goes, 

"YOU'RE BAPTIZED!" 

Hahaha I will quote that kid for days. 

To celebrate, Hermana Bybee and I went to Idalys' house and set a baptismal date with  her grandma, Luz, and her brother, Isaiah! They'll be baptized in three weeks on the 8th of November. They all came to the baptism, along with Idalys' aunt, Angelica. I love how the church truly does bring families together. 

In other news, we had exchanges this week with the Portuguese sisters. I went to the Portuguese program with Sister Knutti and we had an adventurous day, which included the following:

1. Setting a baptismal date with Maria, AKA "Gugu"
2. Giving service at a Senior Center for Cape Verdeans... We danced with them. It was one of those infinite moments.
3. Getting terribly lost in Dorchester
4. Contacting TONS of people

It was a great exchange and I learned a lot. I am really grateful I can serve as a Sister Training Leader. I've learned so much from the incredible sisters in our zone. What a privilege it is. 

Well, I love you all! All is well in Zion! Hahaha but really, the mission is so wonderful. I testify that when we are willing to make sacrifices to our Lord, the blessings that come are more precious and of more worth than anything we could ever give him. The Lord truly is a God of miracles. 

Love, 
Hermana Webber





No comments:

Post a Comment